Professionally certified & audited
- Accredited member of the New Zealand Security Association (NZSA)
- Independently Audited for compliance with NZSA Codes of Practice.
- Licensed and Trained Staff
- Tertiary Accreditation for Health & Safety Practices from ACC
With over 20 years in the business, we’ve been recognised by both the NZSA and the ACC as market leaders through awards and recognition.
- Winner of NZSA Patrol Officer of the Year 2017, 2018 & 2020
- Winner of NZSA Outstanding Skills for Industry Employee of the Year 2019
- Winner of NZSA Security Professional of the Year 2017 & 2018
- Winner of NZSA Security Administrator of the Year 2018 & 2019
- Winner of NZSA Communication Centre Operator of the Year 2017
- Inaugural Recipient of ETITO Gold Status Training Workplace 2012
As well as our talented and committed people thinking “outside the box”, we offer the latest equipment and smart technology to meet our customer’s security needs.
New Zealand Security Association (NZSA) Membership
Matrix Security Group is a member of the New Zealand Security Association (NZSA) and we take our responsibilities to our clients seriously. When you invite us into your home or business, you need to know you are dealing with a professional, committed to meeting the highest standards.
We are proud to belong to an Association which:
- Sets the standards for the Security Industry in this country;
- Ensures its members operate to strict professional Codes of Practice and Codes of Ethics;
- Has established a high-level formal relationship with the Police and other Government agencies; and
- Is recognised as the voice of the Security Industry in this country and is responsible for constantly improving security industry performance standards.
New Zealand Security Association (NZSA) Achievements
Matrix Security was one of the first companies in the country to pass the New Zealand Security Association (NZSA) audit for patrol services and alarm monitoring response, and only the second to pass an audit for static guarding operations.
The NZSA introduced the intensive auditing structure to ensure that security providers – like Matrix Security – comply with their Codes of Practice.
Furthermore, the audits are an important way of validating what security companies actually do for their clients, who do not want to find out after an event that their security company has misled them as to their operational capability.
We currently hold NZSA Audit Certificates for the following:
- Patrol & Response Services
- Security Guard Services
- Camera Surveillance Systems
- Electronic Access Control
- Intruder Alarm Systems
- Alarm Monitoring
Our monitoring centre receives and handles activations from customers throughout the country. Activations are managed in a seamless fashion thus ensuring your directions are actioned in a timely manner.
As part of our ongoing commitment to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, Matrix Security continues to invest in its core infrastructure.
Alarm monitoring is a corner stone for the business. Our certificates of graded accreditation from the NZSA is acknowledgement of our continued high standard of service and integrity, and validates our position as a true market leader.
PreQual is a vital first step in the overall process of selecting, engaging and managing contractors. It means you, as the Client, are determining if those contractors you are considering using share your commitment to safety, have good systems to identify and manage risks and the capability to work safely. Matrix Security attained a 4 star rating after its first application due to the stringent processes and practices we have been applying for many years through our own Best Practice disciplines.
ImPac Prequal measures a business’s ability to operate to the following standards providing qualitative examples of practice inclusive of:
- Management, Supervision and Business Continuity
- Contractor and Sub-Contractor engagement and management
- Health and Safety including;
- Safe Work procedure and practices in writing and actioned
- Hazard Management covering identification, control, and review of hazards
- Evidence of robust incident reporting
- Evidence of the presence of a process for carrying out work place appropriate inspections
- Evidence of involving employees in Health & Safety meetings and recommendations
- Evidence of robust training during the induction and managing refresher training
- Plant, Equipment and Vehicles are safe and fit for purpose.
- Safety and Environmental Performance
ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices
The ACC WSMP audit measures the health and safety systems and practices against the Workplace Safety Management Practices standards.
ACC approved auditors use the audit standard to determine a company’s ability to meet the programme’s primary performance level to a minimum.
The audit standards align with AS/NZS 4801:2001, the joint Australia/New Zealand Standard for Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems.
Matrix Security has achieved a Tertiary Accreditation due to our continuous improvement, best practice framework.
Though the ACC WSMP ended in April 2017 our accreditation is still honoured until expiry. New ratings are being designed based on experience and history.
Every year an independent audit and report of our Financial Reporting and Business Processes is conducted by an independent audit firm.
This practice gives an independent validation to the Board and Bankers of the accuracy of Matrix Security’s financial performance. Each report has been unqualified with no adjustments.
Since 2009 EY (Ernst & Young) have been the company’s appointed auditors.